Kiowa Hunting Service offers hunts for free ranging Oryx (Gemsbok) on White Sands Missile Range. We are one of the few licensed Outfitters operating on the range and have been there since Outfitters were legally allowed on the range. The White Sands Missile Range hunts are public land hunts and the licenses are allocated by drawing. There are numerous hunts to apply for beginning in September 2014 and run through February of 2015. These hunts are all three day hunts and normally have over a 90% hunter success on most hunts. These hunts are once in a lifetime hunts. If you have held a once in a lifetime permit on the Missile Range in the past, you may apply for a broken horn Oryx permit on White Sands Missile Range or a population reduction hunt.
Public Land Gemsbok (Oryx)
Whites Sands Missile Range Dates:
Cost of Hunts:
No Frills Package:
White Sands Missile Range License:
Access fee after drawing to WSMR - $150.00
Application Deadline: March 19, 2014
We offer two hunt packages for the Public hunts:
All Inclusive Package
- Courtesy Airport pickup and return to Albuquerque, New Mexico if needed.
- Transportation to the hunt area from airport and/or motel and transportation during the hunt utilizing our vehicles.
- Motel accommodations, 1x1 hunt single occupancy, 2x1 hunt double occupancy
- All meals and snacks from the night before the hunt to the end of the hunt.
- Guide for either a 1x1 or 2x1 hunt
- Trophy preparation (caping) by a taxidermist at the gate ($120.00 value)
- Transportation during the hunt utilizing our vehicles.
- Pick up at motel or meet at a prearranged location prior to the hunt.
- Lunch day meal and all snacks and drinks during the hunt
- Hunter is responsible for own motel, meals, and cost of trophy preparation if desired
Oryx/Gemsbok Trophy Gallery
Take a look at our Oryx/Gemsbok trophy gallery featuring animals taken by our satisfied customers.